Talk to the heads of local chambers of commerce, and you’ll be struck by recurring themes about maintaining a vibrant organization in 2015.
In a nutshell, it’s not as easy as it once was. A couple of decades ago (or even a few years ago, before the Great Recession), a local business joined its chamber of commerce as a matter of course, said Siobhan Bohnson, who was hired as president and CEO of the Milford Area Chamber of Commerce last year after an extensive search and interview process. These days, businesses think long and hard about how to spend extra money, if they have any. Read More
Korn Ferry (NYSE:KFY), a single source of leadership and talent consulting services, today unveiled results of a comprehensive, global executive study on succession management.
The study and corresponding report point to an alarming rate of dissatisfaction among senior leaders and executives, with only one-third of respondents (36 percent) saying they were satisfied or very satisfied with their company’s succession management programs, and less than one-quarter (23 percent) saying they have a solid pipeline of “ready now” candidates.
BettSolutions and the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect® 2015 Winter Update
In this Issue:
- Competencies Remain Relevant and Have Evolved: Despite what you may have heard or read, competencies still remain critically relevant and remain at the heart of an organizations talent management strategy and practices; they are fundamental in getting to the ‘how’ of employee performance. Proficiency also remains important as these account for between 43% and 64% of the total variation in job performance.
- To Migrate or Not to Migrate?: Korn Ferry acknowledges, as do we, that clients have invested significantly in their chosen legacy solution. Korn Ferry does not intend to disrupt these and at this time has commitment to existing legacy Lominger (PDI Ninth House and Global Novation) license holders that they will continue to make available products (physical, digital, intellectual property, assessments and certifications). Korn Ferry will however not be making any new investments or updates in these legacy products.
- KFLA and Your Existing Lominger Certification: Being ‘Grandfathered-in’ and what it means and not: Those of you who have been previously certified in Lominger International’s Leadership Architect® 101, VOICES® 360 and Interview Architect® are ‘grandfathered’ into the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect®.
Click Here to Download the Q1 2015 Newsletter
Attracting and building the right talent is imperative for long-term organizational success. Use the NEW FYI® for your improvement to help get you there.
The NEW FYI® for your improvement is an easy-to-use competencies development guide based on Korn Ferry Leadership Architect™ Global Competency Framework. Each chapter is dedicated to one of the 38 Korn Ferry Leadership Architect™ competencies, as well as 10 career stallers and stoppers. In these chapters you’ll find:
• Definitions – of the competencies.
• Context – gives you the lay of the land; the business case, how it operates, and why it’s important.
• Quotes – to inspire and give food for thought.
• Development tips – suggested readings, deep dive learning links and recommended search terms.
• And much, much more.
Purchase your copy now.
Interested in all that the NEW Korn Ferry Leadership Architect™ has to offer? Contact BettSolutions (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 508.529.6184
Korn Ferry has launched a new Global Competency Framework which is a combination of Lominger International, PDI Ninth House and Global Novations. Read the Press Release…
In the New York Times, Thomas L. Friedman writes about “How to get a job at Google.” Friedman reports that Laszlo Bock, the senior vice president of people operations at Google said something that Friedman found very interesting. Google determined that “GPA’s are worthless as a criterion for hiring, and test scores are worthless…We found that they don’t predict anything.”
So what does Google look for. “There are five hiring attributes we have across the company.” The No. 1 thing Google looks for is “learning ability. It’s the ability to process on the fly. It’s the ability to pull together disparate hits of information. We assess that using structured behavioral interviews that we validate to make sure they’re predictive.” Lominger would call that attribute Learning Agility.
Lominger offers two solutions that can help your organization find people with Learning Agility as part of the hiring process or among people already in your organization:
- viaEDGE – this is an internet based self-assessment on Learning Agility
- Learning From Experience – a set of structured behavioral interview questions
Contact us to learn more.
One of Your Organization’s Most Critical Assets is High Potential Talent.
Find Them, Develop Them and Keep Them with Learning Agility Architect™.
Implement a proven process to build a successful executive leadership pipeline.
Learning Agility Architect is a complete solution that can correctly identify and develop your High Potentials and provide you with a plan for leadership success by:
• Accurately identifying your high potential talent at every level and engaging them on the solid foundation of Learning Agility.
• Designing a blueprint to develop your learning agile leaders and elevating them to your most strategic roles.
Through Learning Agility Architect, generation after generation of leaders will be ready to keep your company at the top.
Learn more about the Learning Agility Architect at http://www.learningagility.com/
A great example of how leadership competencies are required regardless of job type, level or industry. Having had experience with Home Health Aids they are critical to caring for those in need, and it takes a lot more than the functional requirements that most organizations focus on and hire for. Decision Quality and Dealing with Ambiguity just touch on the leadership/behavioral competencies that differentiate the Home Health Aid.
Build the Foundation for Successful Talent Management
Lominger International introduces the new Competency Profile Manager (CPM)
To achieve business results, organizations need the right talent in the right roles. Identifying the right talent starts with knowing the crucial skills, experiences and competencies necessary for success.
- Build the foundation for your entire talent strategy
- Assess critical competencies/skills and then collaborate and interact with the data to reach your final conclusions
- Integrate data with all other areas of the talent process (Selection, Succession, Development, etc.)
Visit the new CPM website